Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Finally an Update on Tarik

We have an update on Tarik's growth. This is very exciting and looks like good news.
On 5/31 he was 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches
On 7/1 he was 9 lb 15 oz and 20.8 inches
On 8/1 he was 12 lb 5 1/2 oz and 21 1/2 inches

Sounds pretty chubby, huh?! Seriously, my first three kids were all in the 7-8 pound weight at birth and were 21 inches. So he is 21 1/2 inches and over 12 pounds. :)
Isn't that just great news? And it might adjust my packing needs alittle. I was going with all 0-3 month clothing, but I might be able to do 3-6 for some things now (like pants which I was short on anyway).

Speaking of packing...it is totally stressing me out. It takes me 10 minutes and a couple tries to pick out clothes for work each day and I have a current weather forecast and a whole closet. NOW I have to pack for 12 days in 2 climates (100 in Cairo and 60 in Ethiopia). AND I need to fit it into 1 suitcase. And then there is makeup, toiletries and enough meds to last a year. Should I take 2 pairs of sandals? I was just going to take an older, though very comfortable pair that are brown. But then realized my outfit to wear to the Embassy is a long black skirt, so do I take a whole other pair, just for that outfit? Yes, I guess, the brown ones will look stupid and are very casual. Hairdryer?? Straightening iron?? UGH, decisions, decisions.
I need to relax, but I can't - might be time for a couple glasses of wine (not RIGHT now, it is 2:00 in the afternoon, maybe tonight - heehee).

6 comments:

Monnik said...

wine in the afternoon never hurt anyone. :)

So exciting! He sounds like a little chubster. Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's eating well!! That's good news! And I'm so glad you got the update BEFORE actually packing all the clothes! :)

Oh and you worked through that whole shoe dilema pretty good. I think you should definitely have the extra pair of shoes (just in case! You never know what'll happen to your original comfy pair too!)

Good luck with getting packed up. Sounds like you might need that wine for the next few days! :)

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hair dryer...Straightening iron? Do you know what type of outlets they have in Africa &/or Cairo? definately take the second pair of shoes--what if a strap breaks on your brown comfy pair? I am not sure what Ben weighs--they are going to be the best of buds, I bet. WOW...it is really happening!
Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Love Eliz

Anonymous said...

Did Gary post this last blog? I sure hope not. Gary, you know that long black skirt makes your ankles look puffy. Make sure you wear heels.

Mark

Mom In Scrubs said...

I do not envy you the packing dilemmas....I am the same way, and the 2 different climates thing sure throws a curve ball in there.

Tariq sounds like a little buddah. It's wonderful news that he is growing so healthily!

And have a glass of wine for me, willya? I am not supposed to drink with the meds I am taking right now....boooo.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Jen!

He sounds like he is doing very well. Have a safe trip!

Wendy F.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker