Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cairo Day 1

Well we have finally made it to our first destination. We did spend the night in Addis Ababa but it was only because our flight to Cairo was not until the next day. Can't say much yet about Addis since we only saw it at night and briefly this morning. I am sure we will have much more to say next week! Speaking of which I checked e-mail before posting and we had an update on Tariku as well as his birth certificate and a new photo! Everything looks good and we can't wait to get our hands on him.

Cairo seems nice so far. The hotel is very comfy, kind of like a bed and breakfast. We are sitting on the patio having a few beers right now, trying to get caught up on everything and trying to figure out what we want to do tomorrow. We also are trying to get a hold of the kids and make sure everything is going okay.

Guess that's it for now, gotta get back to the patio, my beer is getting warm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that you are back on land. Hope Cairo is amazing. Cannot wait to hear more about Tarik. Take care of yourselves. We love you!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

hi mommy and daddy. I miss you. I can't wait to see you and Tariku when you get home. we are having fun at gramma and papa's house. We went swimming today. It was nice because it was so hot.it is time for bed now good night and we love you so much.
love
katie, jack, anna

krobzoo said...

HI KIDS!!!!! We are so glad you are having a wonderful time. Mom and I miss you tons and we sent a new picture of Tariku to grandma's e-mail. We are going to try and get a phone card here in Cairo today so we can call you later. Be good and we will talk to you soon. Daddy

Monnik said...

Aw, you guys are making me tear up. I hate being away from my kids. But what a spectacular adventure you're on. Can't wait to hear more...

Anonymous said...

Question... Neighbor Stephanie here.. When will the Krob family be reuniting here in the Des Moines home? I am sure you'll be posting about your trip with return dates and all, but I want to make sure I'm at least getting a glimpse of the newest addition in the first few days of homecoming. :) So, I'm rushing you for details. :D But you can't tell that, can you?

See you soon. Can't wait to share in your joy.

Anonymous said...

PS- NOT that I'm not joyful right now for you. I AM!

.... gosh that sounded bad. Seriously, I'm sleep deprived and I don't mean to sound like a freak. ...

Oh Lord, I'm signing off before I make a complete fool of myself. .. Too late, you say?

Have a safe trip!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker