Thursday, September 27, 2007

No worries

I just wanted to make sure no one got too worried if they see some strange chic with my kiddos. That would be me! I got my hair completely whacked and colored today. In the back, I think I got about 12 inches cut off. Seriously, my hair was down to my bra line (always the ultimate goal in high school) Now it is ABOVE my hairline on the back of my neck. I have NEVER, EVER had my hair so short - she actually had to use the clippers on my hairline, which is a first. It is an inverted or concave bob, I think. So, the front is alittle longer than the back. I was looking for styles and printed off a Jenny McCarthy pic and that is what I was going for. I don't think she angled it quite as much and mine is shorter than Jenny's - but I really like it. It is colored brown - basically back to where it should be.

This all came about because I had bought a home highlighting kit and did a horrible job. It wasn't so bad in the front where I could see and reach, but the back was spotty, I missed sections up at the top and I couldn't stand it. So, I had to get it colored and then I figured since my hair was in a ponytail every single day, I might as well try something new. (check the ISU family pic from 2 posts ago - not cute!)
So, I will attach a pic of the inspiration and if you can picture it shorter, much darker, and with my face - that would be me.

BTW - Jackson cried about it and I had been warning him for weeks that I was wanting to cut it. He is obsessed with my hair, has been since a baby - he would put himself to sleep by playing with it and he never grew out of that. Poor kiddo.



So, that was off-topic, but I just needed to warn y'all.

Otherwise all is well. Tarik rolled from back to tummy on Monday and is getting pretty good at sitting for several seconds. I am still having a wonderful time at home with Annalise and Tarik. I totally dread going back to work. Katie and Jack are having a fun week at school. It is homecoming week and they dressed up - crazy hair day, pj day, cowboy day, dressup day (since it was picture day) and tomorrow is black and gold day. Here are a couple pics.









Lastly, but not leastly, Happy Birthdays to my wonderful Sister, Elizabeth and mother-in-law Cheryl!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your hair. I'm glad for the warning. I might've clobbered you. :) Not really, I'm sure. :)

Love the pictures. So cute!!! Yay, Tarik! Way to go!!!

Can't wait to see you!
Steph

Monnik said...

Dude! You are so brave. I've been wanting a drastic change for my hair for a while now, but am too chicken to do anything.

I can't wait to see it. You should've posted a picture of it, you doof!

Mom In Scrubs said...

If...I say IF...I ever got a drastic new cut, this one would be it!! I bet it looks great on you!

I just can't part with the curls....I am a slave to the curls!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker