Monday, September 17, 2007

Nap time

Both Annalise and Tarik are asleep, though I am sure Anna will be waking up soon. So, just a quick update. Gary is in DC for a few days. My parents came yesterday for awhile so I wouldn't go crazy. Not that I can't handle it, but it is nice to have some help and an adult to talk to.

Katie and Jack both had AWESOME soccer games this past weekend. I think they both soccer 2 or 3 goals. They are having tons of fun. We also are signing them both up for scouts this year and they are very excited about that.

Annalise is still being a wonderful big sis'. Always tickling Tarik's toes and marveling at him, saying 'mr tarik is so tiny' - with the cutest little voice. She has decided to bite him a couple times, not sure what that was about. I think they were both kisses that turned into bites, once on the thumb and once on the cheek. Poor baby. She got in major trouble the second time, so I am hoping she is done with that. (Katie was a big biter between 1 and 2 years old, I had bruises all the time, along with some of her best pals at daycare - it was not alot of fun. I don't think Annalise will develop into that though.)

And Mr Tarik - he gained 1 lb, 7 oz in 2 weeks!!! He was 14 lb, 1 oz at his appointment last Wednesday. He was still making up alittle weight from his loss in Ethiopia, where he was at 13 lbs on August 15th. He is doing well, contining to do alittle more each day. He was full of smiles right before his nap, talking and gurgling. He is a sweety pie.

Lastly, go Cyclones. They miracloulsy won against the Hawkeyes last Saturday. Here is a pic of our family cheering them on!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

What a beautiful family. Your kids are just precious. Amy

Anonymous said...

YAAY!! I think I'm like the last person to meet Tariku on the block, but I finally did it!!! And the precious babe fell asleep in my arms! *Sigh* I'm in love!! Can't wait to see him again!! When he's more willing to play!! :)

Steph

Monnik said...

GO CYCLONES! Love the picture of you all decked out in your ISU gear!!

WTG Tarik for gaining weight! Hope Anna gets out of the biting stage. That's no fun. :)

Lilypie Date is set Ticker