Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Perfect Weekend!

Hello all. I am back from Washington and wanted to take a brief moment to share some non-adoption, non-family news. I have had a desire for what I call the Perfect Sports Weekend for a very long time. Basically all the teams I love win and those that I am not partial to, lose. (I am trying to say that nicely since I have family and friends who may root for those teams and I don't want to make anyone angry.) Suffice it to say, this has never happened for me before; at least that I can remember. Maybe it is because I like bad teams and dislike too many good teams. For what ever reason it has been a dream unfulfilled,...until last week.

Iowa State - Won
Iowa - Lost
Packers - Won
Vikings - Lost
Cubs - Won*
Cardinals - Lost

In a word - Nirvana!

*A quick note. The Cubbies played three games against the Cards. A double header on Saturday and one on Sunday. They took two out of three so I think that counts.

1 comment:

Monnik said...

It was a good weekend sportswise... ;) Lets hope this coming weekend is kind too.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker