Thursday, June 14, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

Well we have had some news and it makes for a fantastic birthday gift.

I had been checking messages all day yesterday and was getting a little depressed since there was a bit of activity on the message boards. Three people ahead of us had gotten the call mid afternoon and I was so sure we would be next, but there was no call. I went out for drinks after work, tried to call Jen and let her know about the other referrals and also tried to forget about everything for a while. Around 6:30 or so things broke up and I finally was able to get a hold of Jen. We were happy for everyone on the boards but a little sad, trying to stay optimistic. I hung up the phone and decided to call home one more time and check the machine. Keep in mind I am currently 10 minutes away and could have waited. And there it was, THE MESSAGE from Angela to call her back. I quickly called Jen again who was still on the road coming back from Iowa City, she said to hang up immediately and call Angela back without her. I did just that.

Our son's name is Tariku Adnew, he was born April 30, 2007 making him 6 weeks old right now. He weighed 6.75 lbs and was 19.5 inches long when he was brought into the care center on May 31st. We have not received all of the paperwork yet because our Internet was down last night. When I got it fixed I tried to get a hold of Angela so she could send it, but she was gone for the night.

We are not supposed to post pictures on the internet until the case has made it through court and the child is legally ours. This is at the request of the ET government. We will of course e-mail the pictures to family and friends as soon as we can. I am sure there is more to say but I am emotionally exhausted right now and just want to see my son. Only 12 weeks to go until we can. Damn, and I thought the referral wait was hard.

5 comments:

Monnik said...

Congratulations!! And Happy Birthday, Gary. What great news and good timing!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Congratulations Gary & Jen!! I've been stalking your blog, hoping for good news and there it was this morning! YAY!! I'm soo happy for you guys. I cannot wait to meet little Tariku. :) Let me know if there's anything we can do for you anytime. It's not like we live far away. :) Maybe I can mosey next door to see some pics? ;)

Stephanie

And Happy Birthday too, Gary!

krobzoo said...

Stephanie, please do stop over. We have a couple nice photos. Also I read that your sister-in-law was coming to town, feel free to let her know as well.

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!!

Mom In Scrubs said...

Yay! Yippee!! Woo Hoo!!!
I'm so excited for you! The timing couldn't be more perfect, it seems.

The wait now might seem long, but think how much waiting you have done already. The wheels are truly in motion now.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker