Tuesday, March 04, 2008

#4

I had meant to post something this week about the kids, what all has been going on, etc. since I had not posted since the end of the Packers season. (I have not and will not discuss that ending with anyone outside of a true-green fan.) I was feeling guilty about that. Jen posts about the kids, I post about football. My priorities were mixed up and I was going to remedy that. But then today happened, Tuesday March 4, 2008. The day we all knew would happen eventually, HE retired.

So do I post on and on about HIM and football or do I try and forget the fact and post something about what's truly important? Let's try both.

Since that Sunday when HE took the field for the first time (and I do remember that game) here is what has happend:


Great moments in my life since September 20, 1992
  • I fell in love
  • Got married
  • Witnessed the birth of three of my children
  • Traveled half-way around the world to bring home my other child
  • Watched all my siblings get married
  • Welcomed 15 nieces and nephews into our family
  • Became a godfather to 3 of them
  • Bought our first home
  • Built our next home
  • Been laid off
  • Found a job/career I love
  • Watched two of my children start school
  • Traveled to Europe and Africa
  • Put on weight
  • Lost weight
  • Made new friends
  • Lost contact with old ones
  • Sat on a beach in Mexico with my wife at sunset realizing how great life can be.
And through all this I got to watch, on TV and in person, a game played by someone who loved to play. (Just ask John Madden)

So, Thank you Brett.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend, well done. You chose an awesome picture of #4.

Fred

Monnik said...

aw, I love this, and I really do love the picture you chose.

Great post, Gary!

Anonymous said...

my condolences, gary. The game will go on.....
Elizabeth

Lilypie Date is set Ticker