Saturday, December 22, 2007

First Haircuts

So, after much pushing by daddy for the last few weeks, Tarik had his first haircut today! I was very hesitant because I liked the curls and I figured 7 1/2 months was too young for a haircut. Especially considering Anna had not had one yet. SOOOO, she got her first haircut today as well.

We went to a haircutting school. 1 - because I am cheap, 2 - because I didn't have an appointment and figured it would be hard to get in anywhere on a Saturday morning, and 3 - because I was hoping that they would be learning how to cut African-American hair and might do a better job than the local cost cutters or whatever.
They did a nice job - took off at least an inch or more from the top, then cleaned up the (bozo-like) sides, and teensy bit in the back just to even things up. And I really like it and now wish I had maybe done it prior to pictures. Oh well. It still has at least an inch, so hopefully I can still get my curls.

Annalise took her haircut very seriously, and just sat extremely still and wouldn't crack a smile or answer any questions. I just had them cut about 2 inches off of hers to even the back out. She was super cute.

Jackson also got his hair cut (not his first of course). He wanted a mohawk, but we opted for a buzz. It may be alittle too short for winter, but it grows pretty quick, so it will be long again in no time.

Sorry for the delay in posting - at least by me, I know it has been awhile. We have been really busing getting ready for Christmas. We started so early, but then all of a sudden it was just a few days to go. Jackson had strep again in the midst of it.

If we don't post again before Christmas, we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Holiday of whatever you celebrate. Peace to all.

2 comments:

Monnik said...

Hey! Where are the pictures of the new cuts?

Merry Christmas to you all!

Stephanie said...

Merry Christmas to you guys! Hope you're able to enjoy this white Christmas! I'd be okay with a not-so-white one!! :) I prefer the cool, crisp Florida ones of long ago!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker