Monday, November 12, 2007

Growing Boy

All I have to say about the previous post is my husband is a dork. I didn't get the title, he had to explain what it meant, so maybe I am a dork and he is a nerd!

Anyway, Tarik had his 6 month checkup last Monday (not today, I am just slow). He weighed in at a whooping 17 lbs, 2 oz. This is just 50th percentile, I was kinda surprised because he has such chubby cheeks and an adorable big ole belly. Well, his height was just 25 1/4 inches, and that puts him at 15th percentile. Alittle on the short side at this point, which makes him look so chubby. He had to get 4 shots and had some big tears from that, but he was just fine the rest of the day. After his first set of shots, he had the worst mood we have ever seen from him, so I was alittle worried.

He is still working on his sitting, which he has been doing for quite awhile and not improving at any monumental speed. I would blame this on my lack of setting him down. I am sure that if he spent more time on the floor practicing, then he would be getting better. His cousin Ben has been a pro at sitting for a few weeks. Also, he is so funny because for the longest time he had only rolled from his back to his belly, which I think is the harder way to go. The a couple weeks ago, he finally went from him belly to his back. And for about 3 days, he rolled alot. Now it is like he forgot how.

The rest of the kids are doing great! Anna and Jack switched rooms, so now it is the girls in one room and the boys in the other. It was an easier transition than I expected. Hopefully after the holidays we can re-paint and decorate their rooms.

Gary had today off work for Veteran's Day, so I took a vacation day and we got a large chunk of Christmas shopping done. It was fun to spend the day together and the stores weren't too full. Still lots of people out, but not like it will be in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

Monnik said...

You got a lot of your Christmas shopping done? No way! I am so jealous.

I haven't even gotten Brie's birthday shopping done, and her birthday is Friday...

A big procrastinator, I am certainly. (Get it? It's a yoda reference... like in Gary's star wars post?!)

Anonymous said...

Lucky!! I've bought two things for the kids so far for Christmas. AND lucky that you got to spend the whole day shopping with Gary. We should do that!!

Glad to hear Tariku's accomplishments. :)

Steph

Anonymous said...

He's got Benjamin beat! Ben weighed in around 16# 2oz (~30th%) and was like 50% percentile for length! Go Tarik! I would also like to point out that Gary made fun of me for my mock newspaper article about Joe's 1st day of school....I'm going to need him to take that back after his last entry...I mean, really.
lots of love, ELizabeth

Lilypie Date is set Ticker