Monday, July 23, 2007

The Judge said Yes

We were talking to the kids this weekend about Tariku and how his case had to go through court on Monday. We had to explain what court was and how a judge makes a decision.
This morning, as Jack was crawling into the car for daycare, he said with a little hope in his voice, "I hope the judge says yes." For just a second, I wasn't sure what he was talking about, then I realized. 'How sweet of you to rememeber' I told him. And it was. So, tonight at dinner Jackson says, "Mom, did the judge say yes?". I said he said yes. Katie and Jack were very excited. Man, I love these kids.

And my new little one. I just love him so much! Here he is, our little guy at 6 weeks. Officially ours and ours in our hearts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so truly happy for you. Those kids of yours... man, heart-melters. Such tender hearts. :) It's very touching. I'm so glad to see the official picture of Tariku make it to your blog. :)

See you over the fence sometime. :)
Steph

Monnik said...

Yippee! It's official. Congratulations!

You guys are raising great kids, and your family is amazing.

Amy said...

Congrats on it being official! Yah!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What a dear Jack is. We are so excited for you. Unbelievable...after all of this time....congrats! We wub tarik!
Oh, and thanks again for such a wonderful weekend! You all left just in time....Sunday night was a little damp (to say the least).
Elizabeth

The Redman's said...

Congratulations! Looks like we're on a similar time schedule. Our little girl was born on April 27, we got our referral on June 20, and we leave for Ethiopia on Aug. 17th! Maybe we'll see you at the Embassy.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker