Friday, April 06, 2007

Alittle excitement

OK, I am in a reeeeaallly greeeaaat mood tonight!!!! There have been 9 referrals this week!! That is really high!
As you may or may not remember, our adoption agency has a website with forums for each country they have programs with. The Ethiopia board is HIGHLY active, seriously can't keep up with everything that happens each day. They estimate 50 to 60% of the people using CHSFS for Ethiopia adoptions are active on the forum. So, of the people on the forum - 9 got referrals this week and we are now 20th on the list! The babies this week have been fairly young - 2 months, 3 mo, a couple 4 mo, a couple 6 mo, 7 mo, and 17 mo old. And more girls than boys, interestingly enough.
That still puts us alittle behind my first guess or hope. Our dossier was approved Jan 11th. When we started the process last fall, the wait time for a baby boy was 0-4 months, but then around November or December it changed to 4-6 months. Still I was hoping for less than 4 months - I don't know why. So, I was hoping for a referral by the end of April. Now, I am hoping for one by the end of May.
After that we wait 2-3 months to travel. My guess is we will be traveling in August, maybe September.
Wow - now that seems like a long ways off. We have lots to keep us busy, but we would love to go get our son NOW! I think about him alot and wonder where is he and what he looks like. I think he is probably already born and with a loving mother, but a mother that is not going to be able to take care of him for some reason. I don't like to think about what they are going through or why she will have to let him go. I cannot imagine making that decision. I tell myself I would never be able to leave my child, but I also know that I have no idea what their lives are like and what they suffer through every single day. So, as much as I DO NOT want any woman to be forced to let their babies go, I want to have my son now. I want to get him and make him safe and healthy and happy.

OK, on to another topic, because my mood went from really good to kinda sad.

My baby girl - Annalise Lucille - is 2 years old!! Let me count them 1 - 2!!! Holy smokeroos. I cannot believe two years have passed since that little darling was born. She had a fun birthday! Well a couple of them - one with her cousin Holden who is 5 and all my family. Then on her birthday - just cupcakes at 8:00PM, because we had swim lessons and Katie had religious ed and we weren't all home together until that time. And finally another with the real cake and presents the following night. She is getting real good at singing Happy Birthday to herself and blowing out candles. She is a very expressive little one - big wide open eyes and mouth about everything - it was fun watching her open her presents. My mom gave her a beautiful dress with a very fluffy skirt. She tried that one and ran around twirling and fluffing it. Just makes me smile thinking about her.

So this is Easter weekend - it will be awesome to see all my sisters with their bulging bellies. I think we will be skipping the egg hunt at the high school Saturday morning, since it is supposed to be 22 degrees with a wind chill making it feel like 7 degrees. (You know, it was 80 degrees two weeks ago!) Thanks for reading!
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Monnik said...

Wow! 9 referrals in a week is great! I hope for a few more busy weeks so you guys can get your own referral soon. This is so exciting!

Happy Birthday to little Annalise. I can't believe she's 2 already!

Happy Easter!

Mom In Scrubs said...

I know August seems so far away, but really it isn't...think about how fast the 2 years have passed with Annalise!!
I know, I know. It never seems to fly by when you want it to. Lauren will be 3 in a month and a half. Wow. That's crazy.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Dear Parent’s

Once-in-a-thousand-years!

The Committee for the Celebration of the Ethiopian Millennium (CCEM), invites you to come to Washington D.C. to participate in welcoming the Year 2000 of the Ethiopian calendar. A new millennium!

In a few months, Ethiopians and Ethiopian-Americans will celebrate the dawning of a new millennium. It is equally exciting and humbling to find oneself at this juncture of Ethiopian history. It is exciting because we are part of the unique Ethiopian/human civilization since the time of Lucy/Dinqnesh and are coming up to close another millennium. It is also exciting to know that we are the only nation on earth with our own unique calendar and will have another millennium that is intimately ours. Yet again the coming of the third millennium is humbling. It is humbling because although so much has been accomplished in the millennium to pass, Ethiopians face daunting challenges from the onset in the Third Millennium.

Thus, recognizing that the coming New Year is distinct and needs to be accepted with confidence, a committee is organized to celebrate the Year 2000 E.C. The Committee for the Celebration of the Ethiopian Millennium (CCEM) is a registered non-profit organization and comprised of active community members across the United States. The place will be in Washington D.C. from Saturday September 8 – Wednesday September 12, 2007.

At the moment, the CCEM is putting together the necessary thoughts and organizational frameworks to arrange a five-days long festivity and other important social, historical and cultural reflections of the past, present and future ideals of the Ethiopian Millennium. The CCEM expects 50,000 Ethiopians to participate in the five-days event.

As an adaptive parent(s) of an Ethiopian child(ren), CCEM thought that participating in this once-in-a-thousand-year event with your child(ren) will be historical for your entire family. In addition, if you have the desire and capacity to be part of the millennium celebration effort, you can support CCEM with financial donation or solicitation of sponsors. CCEM has a PayPal system in its website or you can mail your check or money order to:
Ethiopian Millennium
1115 U Street N.W
Washington DC, 20009

For more information visit us at www.ethiopianmillennium2000.com or e-mail us at info@ethiopianmillennium2000.com

Thanks
CCEM

Lilypie Date is set Ticker