Saturday, April 14, 2007

$20 or your child

I didn't even know how to title this post.
I read this article from another blog and am brought to tears. Little Mark Kwadwo. His picture, look at that face. That could be any little boy or girl. The story is about child slavery in Africa.
http://www.wehaitians.com/africa%20world%20of%20forced%20labor%20in%20a%206%20year%20old%20eyes.html

A couple months ago a friend had told me about an Oprah episode she had seen that sounded like the same story. I had meant to try to find more information on the story, and I am just sure this is it.

This story is about the same little boy. http://www.thevillageofhope.com/former_slaves.htm

This little guy, Mark, has been saved. But it is just so awful to think what he and so many, many, many more are going through. I don't understand why this has to happen, why there has to be injustice this great in a world. A world where I have too much food and worry about getting new clothes or a better car or house or whatever. It makes me sick and sad.

2 comments:

Monnik said...

That is just horrifying. The story about him getting beaten because he didn't hear them tell him to get up in the morning really made me really sad.

Anonymous said...

Jen & Gary,

We do what we can and pray that it helps. We also pray that we are doing enough.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker