Monday, March 12, 2007

Can it be? Is Spring here?

We don't have a lot to say this week other than this past weekend was beautiful!!! After being stuck in the house for the past three months, and having two big snowstorms hit us the past two weeks, it appears that the worst MAY be over. (It is Iowa after all so I will not be surprised to see another big storm.) Yesterday it was just over 60 degrees so we were able to take a couple walks with kids, grill out, and I even caught Jen sitting on the deck reading a magazine. Personally I think she was trying to get some sun and those of you who know her, know I am right.

Nothing new on the adoption front. There were a small number of referrals given out last week so that has moved us up "the list."

Right now we are trying to come up with ideas for this summer. We want to come up with some things so the kids can have a good summer but we need to save up our vacation time for the big trip to Addis. Any suggestions for some fun, short trips we can take in June and July would be met with great appreciation. Even better would be a couple beds, good food, drinks and nice conversation while the kids go crazy. Boating and camping with the Hickmans wouldn't be too bad either.

Finally for all of you looking for an ethiopian music video, well you are in luck. Enjoy!

Video link

6 comments:

Monnik said...

Hey guys. I can't get to that youtube video. Maybe work is blocking it...

Question for you. I see in the news that Angelina Jolie is adopting internationally again. Seems like her process (along with that of other celebrities)is a gazillion times faster than yours. Is that money talking, or is it a different process altogether? Just curious.

krobzoo said...

Okay, after reading the article I would say that it seems money does spend up the process. A LOT!!!! The only thing I am not sure about is that the boy is 3 years old and it is quicker to adopt an older child. Everyone wants infants. But still...

Oh, did I mention I kind of have a crush on Ms. Jolie?

krobzoo said...

Forgot to mention that I fixed the link. It kind of makes me sad that I've had this up for a couple days and no one has tried it before today.

Monnik said...

Who doesn't have a crush on her?

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I have been following your blog, really. I am a blog-virgin so I didn't realize you could leave comments, duh! I love reading your updates on the adoption process; sounds frustrating though.

Our family's favorite 3-day-weekend vacation is the Mall of America in Minneapolis. I personally avoid malls, but the kids love the amusement park there, and the aquarium, and LegoLand. We haven't been to the new Waterpark of America but have heard it's nice. You can do it all in a couple/three days. You can usually find cheap passes/hotel combos on eBay, too. The Minnesota Zoo is great, and has a ton of indoor exhibits so you can go if the weather is crummy and still have a great time.
Check it out!

More later, Gretch
p.s. I have a crush on MR. Jolie!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to comment late on this posting, but FYI we are going to be in a condo in Table Rock July 27th, thru August 4th--your family would be more than welcome to stop in for a weekend or more! We'll be boating (probably daily), there are a couple of amusement parks in the area, a pool at the resort, and typically lots of heat and sunshine! Not sure what your drive would be, but just wanted to let you know....also, another boating/camping weekend would be fabulous--we should think late summer again if we can....
See you next weekend.
Love, Elizabeth

Lilypie Date is set Ticker