Thursday, March 22, 2007

All's Quiet on the Adoption Front


We just realized that we had forgotten to post anything yet this week. This in an indication that we don't have much to share. It's Spring Break this week for the kids and we had plans to make a short trip up to Minneapolis. Unfortunately the U.S. Census Bureau decided this would be a great week to release the 2006 county population estimates. That meant I have spent most of the week getting all the data together and getting the website updated. Today I get to field calls from the press and local municipalities asking me what the numbers mean. Yippee. Since this all came up and we had to scrape our Minneapolis plans we took the kids to the Omaha zoo on Sunday and plan on taking them bowling and to the movies later this week. They seem cool with it all but I felt like crap that I had to change our plans. Quick question, does money still buy happiness? When I get a chance I will post pictures from the zoo, the kids had a blast and truth be told Jen and I like that zoo probably more than the kids.

Adoption news: Waiting and more waiting. As of right now there has not been any referrals given out this week. We would really like to see a big bunch given out before the end of the month but we are not holding our breath.

This week's Amharic word: Konjo - beautiful

1 comment:

Monnik said...

We're in the same situation. Wanted to take the kids down to KC for a few days, but work was just too crazy. So instead of a mini vacaion, I worked from home on Monday so the kids could at least go to their friends houses, and took today off to take the girls to Jordan Creek. Makes me feel bad since the kids' friends are going places like Florida, Mexico and Belize. Belize!! Who takes kids to Belize?!

Anyway, great pictures, and thanks for keeping up with the posts.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker