Monday, January 22, 2007

weekend in Chicago

Hello, this is Jen. Just wanted to post a note, though there are no adoption updates for us. Children's Home Society and Family Services has forums or chat rooms on their website for the various countries they adopt from. The Ethiopia forum is by far the most active with over 10,000 posts and 1000 threads. It is actually hard to keep up on if you miss a day. But, it is so helpful, you find people who have the same question you do and lots of other people who know the answers.
Anyway, my point is, many families post updates on their adoption process. There is also someone who keeps track of families who are in different stages of the process, if they want her to. I think they guesstimate that about half of the families adopting from Ethiopia provide updates for this. During December there were 23 children referred to families, 14 of those between Dec 19-22. In January, there has only been 1, so I expect a big flurry of referrals any day now. It won't be us for a few more months, but I am still excitedly waiting for the families who are next.

We spent the weekend in Chicago. It was my sister Sarah's birthday on Saturday and we wanted to celebrate her big 3-0 with her. My niece, Maggie, turned the big 3 on Sunday, so even more to celebrate. Very nice, yet quick, weekend. All 4 sisters were together with the 7 kids and 2 of the hubbies. We went to the Shedd Aquarium on Saturday and to the Du Page Children's Museum in Naperville on Sunday.
Did I mention that all four of us are expecting???? Elizabeth is due (eek, can't remember) April 20-something. Sarah is due June 5th. And Laura is due June 4th. And my due date (minus the growing belly) is alittle more up-in-the-air. My parents will go from 7 grandkids to 11 in a few months.
So, maybe if I can sweet talk my guy, we will post a couple pics of Chicago or all the snow we got while we were gone. :) Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the race is on. Your parents are going from 7 to 11, while we (Gary's parents) are going from 11 to 12 (and praying for 13, go Jeff and April go, they're closing in).

Anonymous said...

We had such a great weekend. So glad that we got together! We have some great pictures of the weekend--we'll have to send them out. I especially love the ones of Zach and Annie--he is so tickled that she likes him....Take care & stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the due date is April 23rd---I thought you were doing pretty good with April 20-something!

Monnik said...

hey, where are these pictures you promised to post? I'd love to see them. :)

Lilypie Date is set Ticker