Thursday, December 14, 2006

Our introduction

Hello! This is the first post for our adoption blogging site. This is Jen typing and I am not terribly technical - despite the fact that I work at a computer all day - so don't laugh at my terminology above, as I am sure it is wrong.


Gary and I are starting this blog to track the adoption process we have begun. We hope it will help us to remember some of the details better, so that we can share it with our son as he grows up. We also hope it will help us to stay in touch with family and friends, since we are not so great at doing that sometimes.

First, though I am sure most of you who visit this site will already know us, I will go ahead and introduce the family. (Gary will cringe when he reads this - he always hates this type of thing for some reason.)

We are Gary and Jennifer. We have been married for 9 and 1/2 years. We met in Ames, Iowa while attending Iowa State University. After living in a 2 bedroom home in bit town midwest for about 3 years, we were quickly outgrowing as we were expecting our second child. We built a home in small town, midwest where we still live.

We have 3 children now. Katie is 7 and in 1st grade. Jackson is 5 years old and in Kindergarten. Annalise is 21 months. They are all wonderful children with their own unique characteristics.
  • Katie is a very good reader and often climbs up into her bunkbed to read alone for awhile. She has been asked to join a special book club at school and really enjoys the extra learning that brings. She is also very social and has lots of friends. She loves animals, especially dogs and horses. This totally reminds me of myself as a child. She and Jackson play 'pet shop' all the time. She is also a very girlie-girl sometimes, very much enjoying pretty things and pink clothes - not like her momma so much there. Katie is a good little mommy to her little sister and loves to play with and read to Annalise.
  • Jackson is really enjoying Kindergarten. He is a young 5 - turned 5 on August 1st and then started school a couple weeks later. So, we were very interested to see how it would go. He is turning out to be a very good student as well and was even named Character of the Month in October - voted on by his classmates and with an award presented in an assembly. We are so proud of him. Jackson loves to play games. He also really likes to play dinosaurs, superheros, and to do crafts - coloring, painting, cutting, gluing - he is quite creative and has always been a very good artist. He is also a really good snuggler. :)
  • Annalise is just the apple of our eye. Nothing is better than walking in the door after a long stressful day at work and having her run across the kitchen screaming, "Momma!!!". What a good little baby, she really had made having 3 kids easy. She is easy going, friendly, cute as a button, and just plain fun! We spoil her - OK, I do. It is hard not to when she gives you that sweet little smile or sad little pout. She is approaching the terrible two's - but I am sure our little pumpkin will be just perfect. (I know, I know, I am going alittle over board now!)

Oh yes, and giving our Krobzoo name the complete affect - we have 2 dogs and 2 cats! I know, we are crazy, but 3 of those pets did come prior to the kids. Casey is our 10 1/2 year old English Springer Spaniel. Roxie is our 3 year old Boxer. Chloe and Zoe are sister cats from before I even met Gary (gift from old boyfriend-oops) -they are 12 years old I think!

I will have Gary - my little techie - add some pictures of us so you can see the fam.

1 comment:

Monnik said...

Yay! You have a blog! Very cool...

-Nik

Lilypie Date is set Ticker